Well the the healing meme is going around again and I got tagged twice. As some of you might remember, I filled this out in the original call for it. Although I am no longer primarily healing (I get to pew pew bitches!) I still heal from time to time.
Now I am going to preface this by saying that I don’t heal much at all so a lot of my answers really won’t have long replies.
1. What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Naedaessa aka PPP. She is a Disc priest. Although I think she is in her shadow off-spec for dailies currently. I used to heal with Tattia (Tatia the nelf in the original survey) but I found that I just don’t enjoy my druid the way I enjoy my priest and I switched over as soon as I could.
2. What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
PPP primarily does 5 mans or our 10 man alt runs.
3. What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
Penance bitches! Lazer lights up your butt! I love to see the ticks crit for 20k a pop. It makes me giggle and smile.
4. What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Well this particular answer isn’t so much because I don’t like the spells, it is just because I FORGET I have the spells and thus forget to use them. >.< I am BAD at priesting here people.
So let’s go down the list!
Renew – too expensive and doesn’t heal enough to warrant the spending of mana; Prayer of Healing – I forget I can hit Inner Focus and use this every time IF is off cooldown; Lifegrip – Forget I have it until someone else grabs me thus pissing me off that I have been grabbed; Divine Hymn – Forget I have it until Slice calls for it; Hymn of Hope – Forget I have it unless it is asked for; Some others I forget to use: Pain Suppression, Power Infusion, Binding Heal.
I told you I was a bad priest!
5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
We are fantastic single target healers and are very flexible with healing roles. This is especially helpful in 10 man raiding. We can do it all bitches!
6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
AoE heals. I can single target heal a person up very well, but when you bring in more than 2 people I start gasping for mana and die in the vapors of my mana pool.
8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
Well I have only healed with a pally and a druid. So I really can’t answer this well. I just don’t have any experience with other healing classes (or enough in this case) to really know what I like and I don’t like.
9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
10. What is your worst habit as a healer?
See #4. BAD PRIEST!
11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
People telling me how to heal if they place that class (I’m looking at you Slice! *glares*). If I am doing something wrong and people are dying, then yes by all means step in and fix the situation. If people are living and I am not OOM then STFU. I play my priest a bit different than most (all you have to do is see my spec to see this) but I get the job done. I am sure if I had more practice healing in raids (soooooo not happening) then things would probably change, but until then STFU!
12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
I think that Disc is ideal for playing with others. We can even play nicely with another Disc priest. Everyone loves us and our Power Word: Nipple.
13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
Did Slice lecture me? Did people die? Am I OOM in the beginning of the fight?
14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
That you cannot bubble spam and have mana (I can and do!) and that Heal sucks. I LOVE Heal. I think I am the only priest out there that does.
15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
EVERY FUCKING SPELL A PRIEST HAS. Seriously though, we have SO MANY spells that if you learned to play a priest like I did (LFD with bubble/Penance/Renew/Flash Heal as my only used spells) then you might have some issues. I know that I had to actually keybind OTHER spells when I started healing 5 mans in Cata.
16. If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Honestly I couldn’t tell you. I haven’t really researched my healing on recount/WoL. Most of the time when I am playing PPP she is healing a 5 man and that really isn’t much to look at for comparison.
17. Haste or Crit and why?
LOL I wish I could answer this one. When I get a new piece of gear I ask Slice what I should do with it. So see his answer. Now with my druid I knew I wanted Haste, but I just have no clue with the priest.
18. What healing class do you feel you understand least?
It is a toss up between a Holy Pally and a Holy Priest. I have played a lower level Shaman so I have some idea (not a lot but SOME) of what you need to do but I haven’t ever played a heally Pally, nor have I played Holy. My very first priest (a space goat named Lyssiana of all things) was Holy but she only made it to like level 30 before I switched back to the lock. This was also way back in BC era so things are different now.
19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
Vuhdo through and through. I use the mouse click options for my spells. Macros hate me so I only have 2. One that announces that I am OOM and another that I spam when I am getting hit that says “I am being HIT!” I love to spam that one.
I use Power Auras when I dps but I haven’t set up any for my healing. I probably should, but I am very lazy so it probably won’t happen any time soon.
Let’s see, whom do I want to tag on this . . . I want to see if I can get the other healers in SR to do a guest post and answer these questions. So I will tag Sorak, Zarm and Zerl’s Pally Lery. Of course all of them are in their DPS specs. /Sigh.